A.l.D.S

A.l.D.S

















In India we are having more than 5 million H.I.V. positive
cases, It means the number of these cases are increasing.India is expected to cross the number of H.I. V. cases than Africa which is having largest number of H.I.V positive cases in the world.

It is caused by human immunodeficiency virus ( H.I.V.) which is a viral disease.

Presently available antibiotics will have no role to control the disease.

Virus will attack on immune body. It means defence system of body will breakdown, which fights various diseases system in body.

A.I.D.S. means Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome.

*Acquired:- We get it from surroundings as it is not inherited disease

»Immuno Deficiency:- means immune system of body is destroyed by H.I.V. So the defence system of body is destructed and it can not defend against development of disease of infection.

*Syndrom:- A group of sign/symptoms of illness due to H.I.V.

H.I.V. lt is viral infection that will cause Al.D.S. in males or females

»H- Human


»I-lmmunodeficiency

*V- Virus

H.I. V. Positive means, we find antibodies in the blood of the patients against H.I.V with in 6 to 12 weeks.

It is the period or time to develop antibodies in body of patients (Windowperiod).

If we test the blood during window period it will be H.I. V. Negative although the patients is H.I.V. Positive or Infected.

Window Periods:

lt is the period of roughly 6to 12 weeks in which a patient after getting H.I.V infection develops the antibodies in he/her blood.

We should be very careful in blood bank and keep it in mind that we do not transfuse a blood of a H.I.V. person who is in window period.

Agent:- Human Immuno - Deficiency virus (H.I.V.)


Host
»Mostly age group 20-40 yrs.
»Both Sexes
»Divorce, Separated
*Away from home/family
»Prostitutes, call girls
»Truck drivers

Environment:
»Low socio-economic people/J.J. clusters slums Migration Soclal factors contribute the spread of STD' s like Urbanization

General symptoms of HIV/AIDS infection

*More than 10% reduction in body weight in a short period time.

»Continuous fever for more than one month Chronic diarrhoea, persistent dry cough, oral rash and shortnes breath
*Swelling in lymph nodes.
*Visual disturbance and vomiting
*skin blotches,eczema, fungal infection and sometime cancer.
*Damaged nervous system&brain leading to loss of memory

Clinical Features:
»Loss of appetite
»Weight loss
»Diarrhoea
»Prolonged Fever
»Patient may be suffering from tuberculosis
»Industrialization
»Alcoholism
»Changing social values
»Recurrent infection

Mode of Spread of A.l.D.S.

*By having sex with male or female partners having H.I.V. Postive (Oral vaginal/Anal) As H.J. V. in present in semen, saliva, vaginal secretions,blood & blood products, mothers milk,

*By lnfected needles- Drug users
*By infected blood & blood products
*Infected mothers to their bables though placenta.

How A.l.D.S. wll not apread by:
A.I.D.S. will not spread by:
»Shaking hands
»Sharing of telephones
»Hugging
»Dry klssing
*Sharing of offices
*Playing together
»Sneezing, coughing.
*Travelling together in buses and trains
*Mosquito bites
*Living in the same room

»Sharing of toilet
*Donating bloodaseptically

Control:

1.Use of condom
2.Safe sex;multiple sex should be avoided
3.Avoid syringes & needles (Infected) there should be proper disposal by incineration (burning) of plastic syringes it is advisable to use disposable syringes.

4.Early treatment and Diagnosis.- Diagnosis of both partners should be made necessary and treatment should be given
5.Health Education:It should be given as to how

A.I.D.S. is spread i.e.

i By sex

ii.By H.l.V. infected blood and blood products, haemo-diagnosis, proper screening of H.I.V in blood banks up gradation of blood banks
iii.By infected syringes, needles, razors, bleeds in that case, barbers and beauty parlours should be given trade license.


IV. Al.D.S. also spreads through placenta to babies from H.I.V. Positive mothers.


6.Detection of cases: lt is the duty of health worker to detect H.I.V. positive cases in the society as the disease is having social stigma


7.Compulsory testing of blood before transmission. And to encourage voluntary blood donation and we should avoid to collect blood from professional donors


8.Proper screening of prostitutes to detect H.I.V. positive cases

SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment